This week Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms ends it run, see my review here! We are now at halfway mark of Totsuzen, just the right time for things to start blowing up. I Love My President Even Though He is a Psycho web-drama premieres and it lives up to it’s name. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon is coming in with a punch and I’m waiting where it may bring us, to newer high!
Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世十里桃花 (Epi 50-58)
My favourite song, the ending theme ‘Liang Liang’ by Zhang Bi Chen and Yang Zhong Wei. How can you not tear up with this?!
- Wow, this was one drama that I did not lose interest in throughout it’s run. I often lose my stamina midway or skip a large chunk out when things get dreary (especially historical dramas coz the leads get tortured to no end) but not this one. Reaching the destination makes me tear up, I wanna start this journey again!!!
- From the get-go, this is a happy ending (is this a spoiler? but it’s dead obvious) so when it comes, we rejoice. There’s still enough in the ending for me to want to watch it all unlike some dramas that have their climax early so the ending feels dragged and less rewarding. Admittedly, Ye Hua and Bai Xian just have a lot of hurdles to clear but hey, true love ain’t easy.
- From now on, every hardship I encounter is a 天劫 (celestial challenge） for me to 修成上神 ！！（level up into a goddess)
Totsuzen Desu Ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimasu (Epi 5)
- Our main couple has chemistry enough but it doesn’t take away the fact that they are moving like an intersecting line. Still think they lack honest communication though. For instance, Asuka gets offered a 3 year project but she doesn’t think to discuss with her boyfriend, Nanami because hey, he doesn’t even want marriage so he isn’t a part of my future. Salt in wound moment when her best friend would choose career over Nanami because even work would be more reliable than Nanami. Aw.
- Is liking someone enough to sustain a relationship when both have conflicting mindsets?
- Our couple has just barely come to understanding and accepting each others ideals but more trouble spotted brewing already in previews…Please do not roll downhill!
I Love My President Though He Is A Psycho 总裁在上我在下 (Epi 1)
- This has a crazy plot but the obvious title has given the audience sufficient warning. Long story short, heroine is accused by ultra-rich but legitly psychotic hero for hiding their child born 3 years ago. She undergoes a month of gruelling questioning from psychiatrists, escapade ala Hunger Games and even gets the gunpoint. Join our heroine on an adventure to clear her innocence while trying to survive with our newest alpha male around. It’s got 10 episodes in total (weekly airing) but the fast pacing makes it quite bearable.Will continue this unless things get too silly which I predict there might be a chance of.
- It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I would save this for laughs. Cinematography quality is decent so at least it makes up for the non-existent logic that only mangas would have. Eye-candy quality is okay for me as well. Yes, I’m telling shojo manga readers, it’s a go 🙂
- Watch value: 3/5
- Available on Youtube, unsubbed.
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (Epi 1-2)
My future as a houseman T.T
- Count it on a cable drama to give us a wacky drama. Last I’ve seen Park Bo Young, she was doubling as a ghostess and a timid chef (Oh My Ghostess). Now she is back as a superwoman, not the Kim Bok Joo type (although I love her too) but the un-real super power type which is bound to a curse as well. Ratings are high, so are my expectations.
- Our in house gaming CEO (Park Hyun Shik) is giving me vibes of Toru Hyuga (Rich Man Poor Woman) and Kang Chul (W- Two Worlds). I like it 😀
- Although her strength is convincing, our Do Bong Soon is not trained to handle things like a bodyguard would. I hope over time she proves to live up to her newest job!
- Ji Soo and Park Hyun Shik giving each other dagger looks, but it fuels our gay CP fantasy!
- Watch value: 5/5
- Available on major drama streaming sites with english subs.