I’m so blessed to have received three nominations from DDee, misscupcakees ,Chocokokoro and yupkigirl for Liebster Award 2014! (*^3^)/~☆ Blowing kisses to all of you !!! Back before my blogging days (which was not long ago since my blog started up in May 2013), I remembered how fellow bloggers proudly presented their own Liebster Awards and I thought that was such a sweet gesture to the circle of drama bloggers here. And ‘sobs’ I can’t believe that I finally receive my nomination too… and three of them at the same time!!Thanks to those who nominated me and also those who follow and read my blog posts. I know they aren’t much but I’m glad I could share my passion with all those alike!! Now on to the rules….
From DDee the rules appear to be as following, but I’ll be breaking some of ’em already..hehe:
1. Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Questions from DDee:
1. If you could be an extra in any scene in any drama, what scene and in which drama would it be?
I always admired period dramas with their intricate clothing and so the first drama that came to mind would be one that veered along that line. I love how hanboks were long and puffy but kimonos were demure and graceful as well! So if I had to pick one drama purely for it’s costume, it would be Jang Ok Jung: Live in Love. If I could don whatever Jang Ok Jung designed, I would squee and twirl like a girl in them. Ahem, I have to confess my secret habit of twirling in dresses whenever I’m wearing one…
2. Complete this sentence: Kim Woo Bin is…
Kim Woo Bin has been the rage of many girls after since School 2013 and now Heirs. I find him hot like a bad boy should but I’ve never stuck to a drama with him in it long enough to fall in love with him. In Heirs, he was such a jerk initially I couldn’t love him. Then when he redeemed himself and turned a new leaf over, I got off the Heirs train for good. It’s regretful but I hope to see more of him in characters that aren’t spelling TEEN ANGST in neon lights. On the other hand, I’ve seen him in Running Man and oh boy he was cute. All that androgen and he’s cute as a dork. Maybe I prefer the real him than the on-screen guy…
3. Japan, Korea or Taiwan?
For the love of god, JAPAN. Japan is so oriental and cultural I would love to go there at least once in my entire life. Bear in mind, I’ve NEVER been out of my own country ever and Singapore doesn’t even feel like it counts because it’s practically crossing a bridge to get there. Of course if I get to Japan, I would rather go to Kyoto and places that held more historical values because I’m such a sucker for history. Blame the dramas for painting that impression, really. But Japan it is.
4. Money or love?
Wow, is this an ultimatum question? How much money am I offered? What sort of love will I expect? Okay, for example if it was between a billion dollars and finding the perfect man, maybe I would go for……..’drum rolls’. Money. Wow, that seems so incredibly materialistic of me but reality is tough. I’m a self-funded student as of now and it’s financially tough for my parents. Finding the perfect man would be an opportunity I have to pass up for now. Anyway, I’ve been waiting for 20 years, why not another 5 or even 10 years? ‘Sobs’ Hahaha! It’s such a rational thinking process for me despite my love of drama which represents all sorts of possible impossibilities.
Maybe that’s why I need dramas to balance out the rigid reality I’m facing….hmmm….
5. Who is your favourite drama hero of all time?
WHY oh WHY? I watched so many dramas and due to my short term memory ailment, I don’t know anymore T.T Rather than all time, I would like to list the hero I’m currently in love with right now. It’s…….drum roll…. Sung Joon who is currently Joo Wan in I Need Romance 3! Such a sweet potato (hee hee) to his noona. He really breaks my heart when he gets rejected by his noona because the puppy face he puts on really just melts me like oodles of chocolate goo. I love him. Come ‘ere.
6. List 11 random facts about yourself.
Okay, let me see………
– I dyed my hair orange-ish golden.
– I love making cat sounds.
– My favourite food would be ice-cream although that’s a dessert. I love dessert in general 😀
– I love Studio Ghibli and Joe Hisaishi’s accompanying soundtracks!!! TOTORO!!! HAKU!!! HOWL!!!!
– Apples over oranges!
– I have a strawberry plushie I sleep with.
– I love drama soundtracks rather than just K-pop music because I can relate to the songs better with scenes from the drama.
– My first Korean drama is Save your Last Dance for Me by Eugene and Ji Soo.
– I have fantasies of time traveling back to the past like to Bu Bu Jing Xin or back when China is still ruled by the imperial dynasty.
– Chocolate cakes are the best for me, over any other cakes!
– I love Ji Soo, Lee Dong Gun, Jang Dong Gun and Lee Seo Jin because they were in the dramas I first watched in the following order: Save your Last Dance for me, 18 year old Bride, All About Eve, and Phoenix. They were the classic heroes for me .. WAIT, this actually answers question no. 5! HAHA.
Now for misscupcakees’s questions
1.How did you get into blogging about drama?
I was bored after A-levels and decided that I would start blogging to share my passion in drama. And since I watch a diverse variety of ’em, I guess I could comment on some dramas which received less coverage among English bloggers.
2. What is your all-time favourite drama troupe that you can watch over and over again?
Nodame Cantabile has the funnest ensemble of people who loves classical music. I love how they pursue their love of music in all the wackiness they are. I also love how the whole premise matured as our characters also matured. It’s such a slice of life drama and we are all right there watching Nodame mature with Chiaki right beside her. Together, AWWW…. As a side note, I’m not excited at all about the Korean remake. The cast did such a good job with the story and it’s stupid if Korea wants to cast idols as my all time favourite couple. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
3. Who is your favourite OTP and why? (I asked this during my previous Liebster Award post but it doesn’t hurt to ask it again).
My current favourite OTP would be Prime Minister and I‘s Kwon Yul and Nam Da Jeong-sshi. They present the ‘ahjusshi’ and ‘agasshi’ love story which is sweet and somewhat mature as well. I love how they work their way around their problem by admitting that they really have fallen for the other. It’s also my first time I watched Yoona in a drama which is good because she didn’t do well in her previous dramas apparently. Lee Bum Soo is just awesome here and he seems to be aging backwards….. the make-up assistant must have been working on a lot of BB cream on his face…haha.
4. Who do you have the most severe SLS (second lead syndrome) towards?
Jang Joon Ha from Can you Hear my Heart. He and Dong Joo were such good brothers I felt like this was a bromance I would support them all the way! He broke my heart so many times here…’sobs’. I’m sad he didn’t get the girl or any girl at that. I love the OTP there to bits as well so it’s really tearing me apart to decide which ship I wanted to be in. I just hope in drama world, he finds the perfect girl… Side note: he is currently in I Need Romance 3 as Kang Tae Yoon. Again, as second lead. OH GOD.
5. What is your favourite MV? Link me please!
There’s this MV for Piece, a Japanese drama, which I thought was super-fitting. The song used was Futuristic Lover by Katy Perry and the lyrics resonated so well with the drama. You can see my review for the drama here.
6. What is one drama that you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not?
Best Time starring Wallace Chung, Janine Chang and Jia Nai Liang. The sole reason I picked it up was for Wallace Chung and Janine Chang. When they said the drama would have a different ending compared to the book, I rejoiced. And died inside when they didn’t give me the ending I wanted. SOBS.
7. Poor girl, rich guy. Write up a drama plot revolving around them.
Poor girl works her butt off and earned her cash. She becomes a rich girl. Rich guy falls in love with now rich girl. Rich girl falls in love with a poor guy. Poor guy falls in love with rich guy (yes, he’s gay). They all live together under one roof. Happily ever after.
8. Who are some guys that you can just stare at for days and nights without having them to even do anything?
Sung Joon, Kim Nam Gil, Ji Soo, Mizushima Hiro, Matsumoto Jun, Nam Goong Min, Wallace Chung, Peter Ho, Jung Kyung Ho…damn the never ending list.
9. What are you currently studying/have studied etc. or what is your current job (if you are currently working)?
I’m a first year medical student.
10. What are some places you want to visit (it can be fictional or not) and where in the world do you currently reside? (I know, I cheated with asking 11 questions in all but hey, rules are meant to be broken!)
JAPAN!!! and I’m in Malaysia as of now.
Right up, Chocokokoro’s questions!